Saturday 23 March 2013 was a hay day for Disneyland Paris Cast Members at the marketing department, as fashion show, entirely in line with what’s presented at the Parisian Fashion Week.
Disneyland Paris asked famous fashion designers all over Europe to re-imagine the dresses from famous Disney characters. Nine designers took up the challenge and send their models down the catwalk in The Pavilion, located behind Star Tours.
The designers and their inspiration were:
- The House of Lanvin had Alber Elbaz designed a true diva dress for Minnie Mouse, who opened show.
- Jean-Paul Knott (Belgium) was clearly inspired by the famous apple in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- SISTER by SIBLING (United Kingdom) took note from Cinderella. It featured a digital clock on the front piece indicating it was almost time to leave the ball.
- MICHALSKY (Germany) took note from Cinderella’s dress as well.
- Alexander Terekhov (Russia) travelled down the Rabbit Hole with Alice in Wonderland in mind.
- Philip Treacy (Ireland) created a Peter Pan-inspired hat in green and red tones.
- Custo Barcelona (Spain) re-imagined Maleficent.
- Luisa Beccaria (Italy) took inspiration from Disney’s Aladdin.
- Olcay Gulsen – SuperTrash (the Netherlands) seems to have been inspired by the starry sky in The Lion King.
Take a look at the dresses as they were presented during the Designers of Dreams show: